Saturday 23 October 2010

Old season wrapped, new season ahead!

It took time for me to get this done, for that I'm sorry. After a long season (read: fairly too long) it is now time to sum it up a bit. Firstly I'd like to thank my family, friends and all people around me for the support which really was needed! Especially Teet – Thank you!

After all I was chosen to represent Finland in Euros in St. Petersburg in kilo and sprint. I started my preparation here in Caerleon, then went to Gent for some good track action. I also met some mates and went for a pizza. That was a mistake and it resulted food poisoning. In addition to that the stomach problems started to show up. I had couple days off training, but even in Falun a week after I just couldn't find the rhythm back. I felt slow and tired most of the time. Not really something I'd thought my lead up to Euros would be.

I tried to rest and let the form come up, but it never showed. I failed my Euros totally, because of the stomach. After the races I went to hospital for further examinations and at the end they found stomach/bowel infection, luckily not severe one, but still it had dropped my blood values and caused endless tiredness.After a hugely disappointing season I had a long-long rest and only then started to think about next season.

Now I'm building up for next season. It is all getting better now, and my form seems to be building up all the time. New tricks and targets for next season. I'm gonna be there and beat my worst enemy , myself, into pieces. See you there.



No comments:

Post a Comment