Thursday 4 August 2011

Overloading.

Just today after the last 2km effort it occured to my mind – what's the point in cycling? I figured quickly out that I guess I'm doing this, because I like it pretty damn much and I like to push my limits. I couldn't breathe nor walk too well, but riding hell of a distances or intervals, in my case, can be fun. I'll go back to the moment the question occured: fourth 2km effort this morning after an intense six days of training, dead legs, no power nor did the heart beat any more than 85% of my max. Some would say it indicates fatigue. There I was hanging on my tribars thinking about the answer.

I didn't quite find the answer yet, despite the fact that I like it. But as if I come with a clear answer I'll share it, definetly. That moment pretty much sums up my last week. I've been doing loads of training after training, intervals after intervals to overload slightly – and now I've got there, I'm dead tired and my legs are completely empty. So target achieved - my form is currently low and fatigue high, but fitness is good.

Now it is just to desing the taper and let it its magic. Supercompensation must be the best thing in the world for an athlete. I'm so looking forward to Shenzhen!

'When you get there, there isn't any there there.'

- Gertrude Stein


No comments:

Post a Comment