Sunday 20 November 2011

My week in Finland.

My short break in Finland is just about over. Tomorrow I'll be heading back to Wales to get back to basics - training and uni. Here, despite this being a recovery week, I've ridden cross country, indoor athletics track and rollers; run; started maximal strength work outs at gym and streched. Still the training load has been rather low. The training has been goin' alright - nothing spectacular, but on the right path. Otherwise, I've been just chillin', taking photos and having a good time here.

Yesterday I did a bit of coaching aswell with the juniors of my cycling club. I enjoyed my morning with them so much - the joy and enthusiasm was only so refreshing and it made me feel good. At first we had a nice sprint session in Mylly, from which we continued to coordination and sprint training completed in stairs. Thanks kids, I hope meet you in training again!


I'm proud of my last season and it got a nice little bonus last Friday, as my cycling club, CCH, chose me as 'The Cyclist of the Year 2011'. I'm feeling very honoured by this. Thank you.



Myself with our Club President and Veera
(C) Jaakko Tanskanen

'Great Faith. Great Doubt. Great Effort. - The three qualities necessary for training.'
- Chien-ju


No comments:

Post a Comment