Saturday 23 June 2012

First races in Finland



It's been a while once again. Since the last update there has been events more or less worth mentioning. Say ain't so. Some time trialling, some road racing, good quality training and even some golf. And oh, I moved back to Finland!

Here I've started now four times since my move. I've been racing solidly (quite like), but nothing spectacular hasn't happened, unless one counts my appearance in the NC road race as spectacular... Anyway, one weekend consisted of Lousku TT and Porvoon ajot – it was good one trainingwise as I achieved exactly the outcome I was hoping for. Last weekend was the nationals. In time trial I had bit of problems with the tyres and even more so with my body. It was one of those days that nothing seems to work and yet you keep pushing. However, I've learnt from it and it is all good. On sunday morning I started in the NC road race, had problems with my saddle, crashed, survived, got back on my bike, chased the bunch, never got back to the bunch and then decided to come out of the race. Albeit, my form was okay, different problems hindered my performances. Life is... (add the first word that comes to your mind). Anyway, sincere congratulations to the winners and medalists!

The reason behind the mediocre performances is in the training phase. We just started to lift up the intensity as planned. Now after some days of good quality intense training I feel that it starts to come together well. The program has been set and it looks pretty, yet tough. Once I get through this cycle of training and recover from it – the form should be alright if not good.

No comments:

Post a Comment