Wednesday 20 March 2013

The beginnings of real business.


Yes, three days into the more intense stuff now, and already I'm feeling it and at least I'm trying to convince myself that I'm fresh for one more day before day off. Actually, it depends if I recover sufficiently by tomorrow morning – then I'll give it a go. If I'm incompetent, then it is better to swap for a rest day and adapt the program. Either or – this is good. So far I've managed to go through all three days, but sooner or later there will most likely be some desperate DNF's in training as I just can't keep up the power. I just like the interval stuff as the limits are more easily accessible and you pretty well know when you are on limits.

Counting days is another thing I'm doing pretty consistently. It just 10ish days and my stint in Spain is over and we'll start moving towards north slowly spending a week of training in southernmost France and then towards ferry to Finland. Hope it will be spring by then.

And as a last note. It ain't always good to eat proper sports food (energy bars or gels etc.) during rides. Nothing lifts the mood better than chocolate cupcake, Coke and Chupa-Chups (but only if cola flavoured). Tried and tested, I rest my case. Yet I'm open for ideas from Chinese to Haribos. Any suggestions?

Just to finish up the update with some artistic photography by my father and me as an almost perfect subject: 

Up the hill...


 


...almost there.
My secret training method.
Concentration.
And off you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment