Thursday 10 March 2016

How to get out of the comfort zone? - The logical part 2.

Ok, this is the part two, which should be a logical continuum to the part one. But again, I have a disclaimer that even though the continuum is logical, I hold no guarantees of my solutions being logical – except for me and in my mind. Simultaneously, I dare to state that I’m more often right than wrong. And there goes the logic.

Anyway, last time I concluded myself to suffering from comfort zone syndrome, which means that I can only stay there. Since then I have done several successful experiments, which have totally gotten me out of there and here is my top tier list in no particular order.

Check the weather forecast, pick up a horrible day and make sure you don’t dress appropriately. I, sure as hell, got out of the comfort zone and went through several stages to outright misery. However, it is not the misery I’m looking for here.

Next, I tried to have an intense training session after too little sleep and no breakfast. Again I got out of my comfort zone, and ended even terms with my first experiment – being miserable. Again, not the right way out of the comfort zone.

Back to the drawing board I went and decided that after overloading in work, it is time to overload in training. Now, make a wild guess what the result was. Yep, misery. Again it was the wrong tactics, but you live and learn – another option ticked off.

The list has since then continued and is quite respectable today: incorrect saddle height, wrong handle bar setup, no hydration during training, running without gloves, running out of flapjacks as pre-session snack and the list goes on. After all my experiments I guess the thing that is most likely getting me out of comfort zone is my missing morning coffee. Another one being asthma attack.

As you can see, there are various ways to get you out of the comfort zone. However, different levels of misery aren’t exactly what one should be after. Not at all, to be precise. I’m not the one to tell how one should feel, because I haven’t been there for years – so please feel free to share your opinion. However, I still do have an idea how I may one day get there, which is logically covered in the third take on this subject. Once I get there, I will also be able to report how I felt, why and what I did do.

Greets still from the comfort zone,

Anton

No comments:

Post a Comment