Saturday 9 April 2016

#mymountain



This came to me overnight and with a cup of coffee this morning, I took pen and paper and draw a mountain - my mountain. Then wrote two post-it notes and stuck them to the mountain. One of them contains a stick-guy, who currently stand on the foot of the mountain. That guy is me. Another one is the flag on top of the mountain. I think you all see where this is going.

The stick-guy is me, the flag is my goal with my target is written on it. The climb between is the journey I live and thrive for. The climb will be filled with new post-it notes of what it takes from me to get on top. It is a journey I'm gonna go through step by step by setting goals and taking actions that will get me there eventually. I'm just excited to see the guy getting up the slope.

It symbolizes the journey we truly want to make to achieve our goals and personal excellence. It doesn't matter whether it is athletic mountain, educational mountain or professional mountain. It doesn't matter how high it is, how steep it is or how long you think it is gonna take.

What matters is that it is your mountain, you are excited about it and you are willing to take the journey.

However, as I'm bit Zen(ish), I want to add this motto to top this all up:

”When you get on top of the mountain, keep climbing.”

____________________________________________________________
PS. You may ask where I come from with this, but there is my story behind this. If you want to know more, just ask me or I may come back to it at some point. There is also a good solid theory behind all this, which I may come to write about later.







No comments:

Post a Comment