Monday 14 June 2010

Myrsky kattilassa. [in English]


More accurately at a velodrome, which was the funniest and smallest I've ridden. So last week was a camp. Not altiude camp or even band camp, but intense training week. All that happened in Sweden, in which football world doesn't raise as much interest as royal weddings. Too bad I couldn't stay there for those weddings... So I was in Sweden, Dalarna – Falun.

To the real business then. I trained a lot and my dad trained even too much, according to daily guidelines for older fellas. Credits for that! I had only one full rest, 10 intense session, lots of sleep and not to forget Kebab. If Koppis peeps are online, I'm happy to announce that there several free slots for sponsorship tags in my skinsuit. That would be awesome!

Not to go too far from my main business, let's go to the cold facts from Sweden. In falun, there is a velodrome made of plywood plates in an old Scania factory. It is called YA-Arena. The length is 190m, width 5m and bankings are as steep as 50 degrees. So long straigths and tight bankings that it made the most funny track I've experienced. And that's not everything, there is perfectly equipped gym inside the track. If it was the fastest track in the world I could move to Falun, actually I could do it already now. Björn Stenberg is the master of the YA-Arena. The guy had an idea and made it to happen! Respect!

What did we do? Dummy question, we rode. Some enough, some too much. We trained strength, speed and endurance. Now I'm feeling the efforts in my legs and really waiting for supercompensation. Yippikayee! Couple days rest and then again – training starts. There was only one person questioning the amount of training; she thought it wasn't enough. That person was my mum. Thanks for that, but I think you noticed that it really was enough and you did. Here we go again. I think there were many things developing during the week; technique as well as physique. Despite the amount and intensity of training I managed to go for two track records; FL200 – 12,1 and 4km – 5.18. So the track isn't slow, it was only me that was tired. In addition to tiredness my head was hummin' big time after 4km, which was 21 laps. I wasn't too happy about it but spectators had some fun time watchin.

I'd really like to go back to Falun. Well mates; stay in touch and lets go to YA-Arena for some real quality training.

Thank you, Björn.

Whats next? Some racing and quality training. I'm really looking forward to the Nats in couple weeks time. Be there or be square!

Anton

No comments:

Post a Comment