Thursday 20 January 2011

Forced to rest.

Well, yes. I've been off training last week due to flu, cold or illness – you name it. Frustrating, but not that bad, I'd say. But always look at the bright side of life, ha? It ain't too bad and next thing I'm gonna do is to jump on Wattbike and get gently started again.

Still, I managed to do loads of things during these days. I wrote essays, log books, coaching plans and so on. So uni things took a major step forward, and to be honest I really enjoyed most of the work, although writing reflective log considering events 30 days ago may not make that much sense. Yes, mom, I should have done it back then, but it was only one text of five missing!

Anyway, I'm now even ahead in my studies, which is only due to the illness. That just makes things easier for me for future training camps and races. Good times to look forward.

Yerrr, what else? Nothing really. Ordinary life is ordinary, I guess. But it can be made more enjoyable at times, by gettin' foods you miss from home. I've been missing loads of foods, and the I went to Ikea in Cardiff. Kötbullor, tunnbröd, lingonsylt, gräddsås, Singoallas...could be worse, aye? I was just about to go cashiers, but then I spotted something. At first I couldn't believe my eyes, it was just too good to be true. I closed my eyes and opened them again and there they were. Pågenin korvapuusteja, f**k aye!

It is just funny how small things can make your day. Even a normal meal; meatballs, with sauce and mashed potatoes can be it. So be it. It was lush and it reminded me of home at Finland, that was fairly enough.

Good food, sunny day and back on bike. Life is good.

1 comment: