Monday 14 February 2011

Counting days.


'Fresh and ready...'

So I've now been back in Wales for couple days after the training camp and the new season is on the door step. Less than a week to the first race of the long season ahead. So now I think it is worth to give a bit of insight to my season and expectations.

So yes, only couple days to go to the my season opener. I will give my first shot in longer disciplines in Manchester World Cup classics. Its my debut in such a race and I'm feeling great about it and looking forward to the experience. I'll ride my first 4km Individual Pursuit to my best. For that race I don't really have expectations. Its my first time riding IP, its my first race after the illness and its the first race early in the season. So I'll go there well prepared and relaxed. I'll ride full on and have some quality fun! I'm stoked and counting days. Couple more taper session and off I go.

Then it is only 5-4-3-2-1...and the season is on.

As I might have mentioned some months ago, that I have no idea what's gonna happen next season. Well, now I do know at least something. I changed my focus a bit after last season. But don't worry, I won't be turning onto a mountain goat with legs as skinny as my bicep at the moment. That won't happen. I'll concentrate the next step in longer distances as I feel that I might have the progression I want by doing that. I can't still say where exactly my main focus will be, that will be only told by time. But no Le Tour for me and that's for sure, even if people tells me never to say never.

The winter training has been good, despite the weather in Britain. Rainy and windy, as you can guess. It took time after the stomach infection to get back on track, but as soon as I had recovered from that I've been good. I still reckon that my main goal resultswise will be in U23 Euro champs, but there still are plans in the background, will see how this all comes together. For more information follow the racing page. But as long as I progress and enjoy it will all be good. By my targets it ain't so straight forwards. I definetly have set them up, but won't talk about them yet. It's a long season with so much new to me and really look forward to it. Lets just hope that I can for once race a complete trouble free season.

After that I'll carry on with the base training and start to build up for the summer and the races coming up. Good summer to look forward, I guess. As if I can stay on the same track as I've been the winter months, the summer will be good from any perspective.

See you on track guys!

(c) Paavo Aro







No comments:

Post a Comment