Saturday 12 February 2011

Gettin' in there

Recovering means sleeping.


I spent a week on the old continent riding my track bike a lot. Early morning at 9
th of February I headed to Kaarst-Büttgen with my father, aka. coach. It all looked good until we went to the velodrome next morning. It was f*ckin freezing. Tad over 0 degrees indoors wasn't quite very pleasent temperature. Although I have to say that it is quite an experience to train indoors having my winter kit and bit more on.

All in all the hotel had lush breakfast and the schnitzels were amazing. Neither have I complaints about the kebabshop next door. My riding wasn't about my nutrition. I got fair bit frustrated with my riding as my times were sloppy, as I'm too much timing oriented lad. Oh well, I forgot to mention the grilltellers, those were proper food. All together I wrapped up six intense training session, three kebab rolls and some schnitzel during the three days in Büttgen. As I think afterwards, it wasn't bad at all.

Still the riding was the main thing there and not the food. We decided to leave Büttgen and head to Gent for higher indoor temperatures. It worked well. We had two amazing days in Gent eating, guess what, kebab...

...And training a bit. Training in Gent felt really good and I gained loads of confidence back as the speed came back. The temperature change made a difference not only to my mood, but also to my form. The last session was the toughest by far, but also the best. I had good fun on the track and good food in the restaurants. At the end I had trained really well, eaten well and most importantly progressed well.

So, no worries. I seem to be on track for the season opener....

(c) Paavo Aro

No comments:

Post a Comment