Saturday 8 October 2011

About training, puncturing and photography

Today is a rest day and I woke up at 5.45am, but for a good reason. Wales beat Ireland in Rugby World Cup semifinal at 6am this morning. Now I'm almost two weeks into a new season and training has started well. During these two weeks I've completed roughly 30 hours of training so far and I'm feeling good about it – the progression is there. I've been to road rides and gym, but tomorrow we'll have friendly match in floorball.

I'm feeling good on my bike and even better in the gym, that might due to the fact that progression is obvius when at gym, but on the road it ain't so simply as heart rates, speeds and everything varies due to the winds and so on. Although I gotta admit that the performances don't matter really at the moment, as the most important thing is preparation for the coming months. I very much like training at the gym, as it is very practical and it seems to really work for me!

Just to say that everything ain't so well and good – I've had an amazing streak of punctures. Altogether five during last week. Yesterday I ran out of spare tubes, Co2 cartridges and patches. Today I've shopping then. I've filled the stores and I'm ready take on the challenges provided by the Welsh roads again tomorrow morning. Next week I'll get set of new tyres as well, and hope that they'll reduce the puncture rate, ehh?

Photography then. I've been trying to learn to use my camera properly and I think I can just manage the basics now. I've found photography such nice way to get my head off training, it happens almost automatically. Just walk around watching and trying to find something interesting is very relaxing. Here's something that i've managed to make through the lens:

'One falling leaf is not just one leaf; it means the whole autumn.'

Shunryu Suzuki




No comments:

Post a Comment