Friday 21 October 2011

Glorious October day.

Today I had the first longer ride of the season, meaning steady four hours in glorius autumn day. The only thing here is that holding steady pace is almost impossible. This country is just valleys, hills and mountains, which means going up and down almost all the time. And the hills differ from the ones back in Finland – here on a new route one just might take a turn to left and face 4km uphill, nothing spectacular but still loads of work. It ain't funny always, but I've learned to cope with it.

Anyway, today is 21st October and the weather was +13 celcius, partly cloudy with moderate winds. I just couldn't have asked for more. This week the training load has been slightly reduced and I just had rest day yesterday and I started to feel smooth on my bike for the first time this autumn, okay, maybe second. All in all, I rode the full four hours in Welsh autumn day. Next week it is time to get to the real business, as the preparation is successfully over and base training starts.

'Ride your bike, ride your bike, ride your bike'

Fausto Coppi

When a reporter asked him what it takes to become such a great champion.

No comments:

Post a Comment