Saturday 7 April 2012

Keepin' the wheels rolling.



It's been a while, but yeah a pretty productive while. Last weekend I was supposed to ride two 10 milers, but ended only doing one. That was because below zero or around zero temperatures in the morning and I didn't fancy doing that with my asthma. On I went to play some floorball with the guys. However, on Saturday I did alright. The time wasn't there, but the power was. That's because the route was quite unconventional for a time trial. Anyways, I had a decent ride. Nothing spectacular, but still quite okay.

This weekend is another story though. Yesterday, at Good Friday Meeting I rode pretty much everything. I had such a nice day at Herne Hill velodrome meeting some friends and riding hard. As an inexperienced bunch racer the field around 60 riders in points, eliminations and scratch weren't my deal really, haha. Still I had the legs to try something out and I did. I didn't end up as a winner at the end, but felt that outcome was rather encouraging. No prize money this time, but I managed a PB on tarmac track in flying 200m. I've heard that is what counts. ;)

Today, I took part in the first conventional forth and back 10 mile time trial in Oxford. It was a decent ride, and I managed to pace it fairly well. It resulted fourth place among 80+ riders, but too bad I missed the price money just. And for those interested, my time over the 10 miles was 20.26.

This was just a quick update and for a promise; there is a photo update coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment