Tuesday 23 October 2012

Scratch to the new season and hangover recipes



Life is pretty weird – I didn't write a note here for ages, and now I'm here again inside a week from last update. Last time I wrote about last season. I didn't add too many numbers into it, but here is one: 750+. It refers to my training hours last season combined with uni work. Next year this is one of the numbers in priority – I want to get it up.

I'm feeling fresh. I don't think I've ever been as motivated as I'm now. It just feels superb to get back to training. The rough lines for coming season(s) have been set and I think it is the right path to go on. The main targets and races haven't been decided quite yet, but as time goes those things will clarify themselves. Generally, I'm not so much worried about the races coming up, but more on the training and progression. One thing I know for sure, next season will include hell of a lot work on my road and time trial bikes.

And yes, I'm waiting for the hangover feelings, when the freshness is the last thing to feel. But not resulted by an odd night out, more so by training. I do have an easy recipe for that: don't eat, don't eat and if you eat – eat something crappy like fries with milkshake. Two days of that combined with any training will most likely lead to a miserable hangover. Then again, that may not be the way to get the only relatively enjoyable hangover I know. Yep, fairly easy, but don't even think about doing that. Firstly, the hangover caused by improper eating and training is miserable. And secondly especially in my case, the moral hangover by to the idiocy of the whole concept would make it almost deadly. 

So, train hard and eat well, then take the hangover – the best recipe to me.

In a week I'm traveling to Spain (to the very same region) and will train there for some time. It is just so cool to have the possibility to train in the favouring conditions during the winter months. Flat road for time trials and hills and mountains to spice the road work – perfect. Not to forget the Serrano ham and Spanish red wine – even more perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment