Wednesday 7 November 2012

Start your engines!


Greets from Orihuela Costa. First couple of days packed of the new season are in the bag. I should say they were somewhere between awful and horrible in a way. Yet again, first rides after the break are always the same: heart is racing, power is somewhere etc - so that was nothing new, absolutely nothing to worry about. After the first day off the legs eased up a bit and I felt better on the very same bike, which was pleasant. Today's ride was postponed by the heavy rain fall here, so it ain't all sunshine here. But luckily the rain should be gone tomorrow.

Anyway, the start has been alright maybe even encouraging as stated by my Powertap. As a big time side note: Thanks to Petri Hietanen at PHZ for fixing my wheel! I had never had a snapped spoke before my Powertap Heds and since then, let's say less than ten in a year. Now that Petri fixed the wheel, it works perfectly!

To clarify, I'm now in Spain and will train here practically over the winter. This was a possibility for me, which I and my family took. More accurately I am in Villamartin, nearby Torrevieja. We chose this place as it has access to hills and mountains, but also offers good proper flats for time trial training. Just graduated from Uni, no army and I am between studies – we decided to rent a house from Spain to get everything out of training during the winter months, now that it was possible. So far so good. The main plan for following weeks is to follow the guidance of Fausto Coppi. The legend once answered when asked why he was so good: ”Ride your bike, ride your bike, ride your bike”. Then after a general preparation we'll go to more structured training in a form intervals and all that stuff.

As you may also notice – the design of the blog has changed quite a bit. The current design is more or less permanent depending on my artistic inspiration – which ain't my strongest side. The change in the design hails from rest-day boredom and the feeling that it has been very same for quite a while and started to look older and older – time for a change. Besides; I haven't been on track for ages. Still, don't get me wrong – I'm still a track cyclist very much, but also do race on road a lot nowadays, and I simply thought that this photo looked fairly good in the header.

I'll go more into the coming season once the wheels are really rolling.

It ain't all sun in Spain.



No comments:

Post a Comment