Thursday 15 November 2012

Angry dogs make good training company


Climbing.

Towards San Miguel de Salinas

TT training.

Maybe the header is exaggerating, but the incident itself was intriguing. I was just riding up the hill, when I heard some pretty aggressive barking and the next thing I notice is that there is hell of a big dog running to me. I was kind of afraid so my solution was to be quicker than the beast. That's what I did, but the only thing was that I'm not the best of forms and the thought that if I hit the wall now, I will be eaten or something crossed my mind quickly. Luckily though, after a while in the pursuit the dog found something more interesting and left me alone, but still my steady pace effort was ruined – too bad.

Otherwise, training has been as good and solid as it can be. Some rain, some sun and good miles. Heart rates have been quite on a higher side yet, but now they are going down to normals. So, all is good training wise and I'm feeling fairly confident about the progress.

On the bonus side down here is the cost of eating out. Chinese dinner for two including appetizers, three main courses, dessert and a bottle of wine is 16 euros at the cheapest. What would think I'm eating here most of the week? Besides chinese food is just superb and occasional glass or two of wine does no harm whatsoever – it actually is good for me as if I believe my father, and why wouldn't I? And another good excuse for eating out is the fact that there is no dish washer in our house, and also that the hand wash we have sucks.

It is pretty much all good here.

PS. I didn't go to the coming season yet as the wheels ain't quite rolling yet, except the downhills. And honestly, I don't know too much about the coming season either. The only clear thing I'm looking forward to is progression at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment