Monday 28 January 2013

About backing off and giving it all.



Quit the mumbling and do your efforts. I did say that a dozen times to myself last Tuesday, but in fact, I just couldn't do my efforts. Eventually I backed off from that one training session, which was preceeded and followed by endless debate whether or not to back off, whether it was giving up or not. It was first time for long, when I simply couldn't do what it said in the program.

To me, there are two types of backing off. One acceptable, one not so much. I think it applies as far as those acceptable backing offs ain't becoming a daily routine – I'm sure you know what I mean. If it is one odd day out, it is alright. That day I just couldn't I deliver and it could see it and feel it, but still I started every single effort to see whether I could do it. And then when I couldn't, I did back off but not before I was clearly out of the effort. However, the day I just decide I feel bad and back off, someone is to kick my ass – big time.

The reason behind the odd day, as I later found out, was in my eating, or better, the lack of it. I had eaten too little between the training session, which then lead to empty tanks and at last dropped power output. Hence, the backing off. Problem solved, and today a modification of that very same training session was no problem and after that I had an apple pie to start my recovery. So good.

Otherwise, it has been very windy, but good. Training has been well and no major problems. Just gotta keep on the good path, but today a welcomed day of rest! Coffee, chill and more coffee.


No comments:

Post a Comment