Saturday 19 January 2013

Lots of water has flown...

...since the last update. I thought it would be nice to start with some nonsense like that, as I have really dismissed my blog lately. So be it.

At the moment I'm back in Spain and training is fully on again, not to say that it wasn't during my stay in Finland. So the last days before Xmas here were tough or even tougher from where we dropped the overload a bit for the Xmas week. Then came a week long track training camp in Lithuania to finish up the current base block.

Christmas time was really good. I did get all the training bagged and also there was time to relax properly to get ready for Lithuania. And for my joy, I managed not to put weight on during the Christmas by eating well enough (i.e. Not so much candies and chocolate in our household)f Training wise I was trying to impress people on my XC-skis to get to Tour de Ski and myself I was left a tad bit disappointed as I never received that call – if only I had had slippery enough skies, I wonder. Realistically though, I had good time skiing as it wasn't as nightmarish as I had prepared myself for, so I got some good base hours outdoors. I did also some training on turbo not forget about pedaling.

In Lithuania all went well. I managed to pull the scheduled sessions from top to bottom, which was a good enough reason to have a recovery week afterwards. Altogether 18 hours and something active time on bike on a velodrome was a solid performance. And I think that other guys went pretty good aswell. As we came back from Lithuania, I sat some two days just watching sport from television before going to Tahko for some work and freetime. Freetime in this case mean getting on alpine skis and hitting some gates just to see how lost I was. In slalom: as lost as always (yet sharping the edges could have helped), in parallel slalom: could have been more lost (same explanation as for slalom) and last in giant slalom: I think I managed well enough (as one of skiers at Tahko did my skis). All in all, it was good to be back at Tahko, despite it being only for some days. Then some training at home, some TV-sports and a flight back here to get the wheels rolling again.

And sorry for not being active at all. Tomorrow is a rest day (it looks like it), as the winds are blowing 50+kph in general and exceeding 80kps in gusts. And as for the rest day, I will make a photo update. Today was 40+ and 60+, which was hardly manageable. At least it felt so when I rode a flat river bank at 15kph and was at 260W...

No comments:

Post a Comment