Monday 28 April 2014

Learn, reflect and progress. Yet again!

Oh well, yet another week of racing is now packed. I went hard in the beginning of week (just as planned) and finished the hard efforts with another midweek time trial. This time over ten miles and in Freuchie. The performance followed the set plan and the weather gods seemed to be on the side of the cyclists as the first drops leading to overcast came at time the time of results. The performance of Freuchie was, more or less, a tune up for the weekend's main race – the university 25miler in Oxford.

The two days leading up for the 25 is where we, quite honestly, believe that I actually lost the form as I made a decision to take rest. The reason behind that decision was due to insufficient recovery. So, on the day of the race I felt good, but as it soon became apparent – it isn't about how you feel, it is how you perform. It wasn't my strongest characteristic that day. However, despite the lack of performing, I managed to look good on my bike; but I shall go into that in a minute. My power output was way down and I never really got into the zone, if I may say. Anyway, on the positive note, as I said, I looked good on my bike. That is to say, my average speed was respectable in contrast to the below standard power output. Overall – sluggish, but slippery. At the end, I was fourth and so much about that.

That race was then the end of BUCS time trials and from there we travelled, in moderate silence, to Dover and took a ferry over to Dunkerque the very next morning. Now, I am writing this bit of babble in Bergen aan Zee. A holiday village located Alkmaar and right next to sea. We are here to spend five days of quality track training in Sportpaleis Alkmaar in preparation for BUCS Track Champs or evolution training, as we like to call this for a good reason. Today, we had two sessions and oh body, did I enjoy it. It was brilliant and I certainly hope it will remain like that.


Tomorrow, in addition to the two track sessions, it is a good day for photo update! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment