Friday 13 January 2012

Sun shines in Wales...

...which, to be honest, I wouldn't have bet on. Anyways, I arrived back here yesterday night after driving through Iberian Peninsula from Villamartin to Bilbao to catch a ferry. For our luck the ferry was run as scheduled this time and we werent forced to drive through the whole France.

That being said we still had to drive from Portsmouth to here. We knew that it would take roughly 2,5hrs and had a plan to pick up some Chinese take-away on the way home. It was the plan, but we missed the Chinese by two minutes, as the ferry was a tad late and our position was somewhere underwater. Still, I gotta admit that it was a minor setback in comparison to what we faced on the way down to Spain. Hot dogs weren't too bad option afterall.

Back to sunny Wales then. My recovery from Spain seems to be spot on and our OTA-file (Over Training Avoidance) is almost as green as the lawn at Stamford Bridge. We had planned for a 2,5hrs ride to get back on the bike as soon as possible, and the ride was mega cool, also literally. Changing from +20s to +5 at the end wasn't that big deal as I expected or my new winter kit is a proper one. I had good time on the road, despite that I got ridiculously muddy just before I was home. Farming season has apparently began?

After this, so called, recovery week, it is time to pick up the intensity for the first time this season. I'm not sure if I'm very curious to start the phase, as it bloody hurts at the beginning. But once you get goin', they're alright. Saying that, it is about time to start building the power as the first test is in sort of five weeks time.

And yet, today I'm not gonna miss the opening restaurant and take-away times. Whether it will be Chinese or Indian, that I'm not quite sure about yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment