Monday 30 July 2012

Track nationals


Resultswise it was perfect. Three starts, three gold medals.

On Friday I quite tense about the kilo, but managed to perform pretty well despite it felt the most awful I've felt for a good while. I died badly at 700m and struggled to the finish line just in time. On saturday I rode the 4km Individual Pursuit. In the qualification round as I was in the last pair, my only target was to qualify for the final ride, which went as planned. In the finals I improved my time a bit and won the second gold medal of the weekend.

The main day was Sunday. The day of Team Pursuit, which we really wanted to do well in. We had had solid training session earlier and the plan worked. Our team, me, Juhana, Niklas and Mikael, performed to the plan and the gold was our. It is such a special feeling to ride in a team and succeed in a team, especially with guys like that. We had good time in training and in the race. Big high five, to Niklas, who actually did his first turns on track two weeks earlier and learned to ride team pursuit inside three training session. Not everyone can do that, amazing!

The weekend was good, although the times weren't quite where I would have wanted them to be. No worries, as the reason behind it is clear. The illness and flu after the stage race affected my training pretty much. On the two week lead up to the races I managed five partial training sessions, which isn't optimal I dare to say. I didn't feel particularly strong so I'm more than happy to wrap up national season up with these results. I'm confident that as the autumn goes on and there are some opportunities to improve my times, I'm able to do it.

Some photos will follow later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment