Saturday 18 February 2012

London TWC - vol.2

I don't know what to say. I have no words.

I'm disappointed. I'm devastated.

Believe me, I'm am the first one to admit the failure and to take it on myself. I knew it was a gamble to take up the kilo with my current focus of endurance training. It just didn't work at all. However, I was confident as in the training sessions the flying efforts were rather alright, but the issue was the start. I never reached the speed and faded from there. The moment I saw my time was crushing, a moment, I hope, no one would ever experience, but I had to take it. To be honest, I think everyone should, but that is not the point. And believe me – that was one of the hardest split moments ever. No explanations needed, I know what went wrong or what was missing. Still, for me, it is hard to take this at the moment. I know that I haven't trained for the kilo at all, but I never ever would have thought that all the starting power is so gone, but that's how it is. There are things on the background, such as the current training phase and and non existing track time, that had their toll on the ride, but I'm not very much willing to talk about them.

It is a crisis just now. But tomorrow, I believe, that I can start figuring out how to come up stronger. Some one has said that the character is tested when one is put against it. And now it is my job to show some character, and come the longer spring races, I'll be stronger than ever before.

As you can imagine, I'm not keen on talking about this. I'll go this through, with the people close to me, but this is something I just don't want to go through again and again. That's why I'm writing this now here – not trying to hide anything, but to say it and put it behind.


There is no starting or stopping - only doing.

Everything has a purpose, even this, and it's up to you to find it.

A warrior does not give up what he loves, he finds the love in what he does

(Quotes from Peaceful Warrior)

1 comment:

  1. Accelaration means watts , watts means power , power means gym, gym means muscle mass, muscle mass means more weight.

    ReplyDelete