Monday 20 February 2012

London TWC - vol.3 - The aftermath

To my family and friends: Thanks for the support!

Life and training goes on anyway. Now, couple days after things are set into context and I'm very much coming to my senses about it all. I've gone the 1k performance through and my training leading to it. I've lost my standing start understandably, but it is not easy to remember when I have the bib in my back. Naturally though, other attributes are going the other way, I mean upwards, which is good when considering the set targets. Sometimes it is ”good” to fail, just to realize where you are going – not to say that failing is nice by any means. Today though, the process is fully on again and after some testing I see myself comfortably in the schedule, but I just gotta remember to let the kilo go as big part as it has been for me earlier on.

The things to learn; Live the journey. Also keep eyes on the target, and don't get distracted from that. Accept the fact that I can't be in top form in all the races I do, and accept the fact that if you don't train something – you will lose it. I'm studying coaching, you see. Ha ha.

Now I'm back on my two wheels with great joy and motivation. We have tested a bit of new things and settings in my riding position and made some findings as well. It looks good, and it starts to feel good. As I will get my upper body flexibility to appropriate levels – that will bloody work.


Learn from the past,

Live in the present,

Dream of the future.

(Petteri Nykky)

No comments:

Post a Comment