Thursday 9 February 2012

Just another week.

I would have had seriously lots to write about, but I didn't have computer and then I forgot all I was about to share. Just kidding... Although, I don't think that my daily life really has been so inspiring lately. Quite straight forward stuff to say the least: train, rest, eat and study; train, rest, eat and study and so on. That is just how it is at the moment, but only until next week.

Maybe, I'm just exaggerating the boredom of this all, because there certainly has been some breathtaking moments. Firstly, I had to take my laptop to service. Not the nicest thing with the dissertation project going on, but I was relieved to hear that it is just one or two days to get it fixed. And I just want to say, that this happened on Tuesday 31st. Only today, after calling the company every day I got this thing back unfixed – yes, unfixed. But, eventually my old man got it fixed. Apparently, they had successfully changed the broken part, but whilst doing that caused other damage, which they didn't bother to check or fix. It could happen to anyone anyday.

Isn't it normal to get asked for ID if you buy some wine from the supermarket? Yes, I think it should be. That happened to me the other day and I handed my driver's license to the cashier lady. She looked at it for long and asked if that was a driver's license at all. I told that it was and it was an EU one. Apparently, she asked for my age and where it says that in the card, but also called a supervisor in. That time I thought: Oh my... Only then I realized that the supervisor lady either didn't recognize the card, and started asking the same questions and I kindly answered. Then she asked what did this note of year '09 mean in the card and I responded that by asking if looked like if I was three years old and then told that it is the date I got my license. My response, somehow, was considered as inappropriate, but I passed and got my wines. I just don't think that EU license should cause this much trouble or that I'm a toddler. For a toddler, my taste for wines seems pretty developed.

That's about the unexpected. Expectedly I've trained and studied hard. It all seems to come together nicely and I'm well in the schedule with my uniwork as the first results have also been pleasing. In terms of training I've been killing myself on the Wattbike for next weeks test. And yesterday I saw some progress and boosted confidence out of that.

The test, next Tuesday I'll head to London to ride my second Track World Cup, but this time I'll ride the kilo. The Kilo will be on Friday evening. I have no real expectations as it is only February and I haven't really done as much track work as earlier. Although, I have to admit that my form has been building up quite nicely, otherwise I wouldn't go there. I'm looking forward to take another babystep or -steps forwards, enjoy the brand new Olympic arena and ride to my best. On the bonus side is also that I'm not the only Finn competing.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment