Friday 16 March 2012

Coming up: Spring races.

A week before the spring races begin, I'm starting to feel like it. I'm really looking forward to getting the bib on my back and going for it. Although, this block is more for building towards the bigger goals in the future, to raise the bar for next macro cycle, to see where I'm currently at – but still racing is always racing. I'm just curious to see how my form is now after winter season and looking forward to some solid performances and further development. There is quite a lot of time trialling in the schedule, to build up the power for individual pursuiting. Please, see calendar for more info about the races.

Now that the dissertation is gone from my mind, I'm lot less stressed and the distractions to training are gone. After handing it in on Tuesday I've had bit of funny moments of not knowing what to do, since there has been nothing that I should or would have to do. It's been nice, but kinda weird. It's not only been mental stress, but I've been feeling a lot better in general and I've been able to set some pretty nice training sessions. And besides life is far more enjoyable now!

As said, these races are for raising the bar, they are not primary targets. The primary targets are a way in the future and all this is just building for those moments. Those days will eventually come and then I will be ready.

It is gonna be tough couple of weeks, but it definitely is worth it. I'm looking forward to give my all and see how it all goes.

P.S. 10.000 visitors today, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment