Tuesday 15 May 2012

Note to self: Don't ever brag again.


That's what you get when you start bragging – I guess. So, I was supposed to start another well good three day set of training today, which I eventually did afterall, but the morning was quite promising. After a glorious morning, meaning sunshine and so on, I was ready to go out. However, I started to feel a unwell, funny and high at same time. It basically meant that I just waited for another hour or so, if my feeling would improved.

It certainly did improve, so there was no need to call it a day and take another day off. The thing was, although I was certain I could train, I didn't want to go out as if the unwellness came back and I would be somewhere between Abergavenny and Monmouth wondering as if I should try and ride home or what. So the decision was to switch to some interval training on my beloved Wattbike, whilst the sun was stills shining outdoors. I had my 'eat some cement and grow nuts'-moments during the session, as I watched the sunshine and kept the Wattbike humming. To those who are not so much into cycling training: Wattbike/Turbo/Roller training is probably the dullest thing there is after a while. Yet, I have to admit, I find very effective as well, so doing that is quite simply justified whether it was the dullest thing in the world or not.

Afterall, the session was pretty decent despite the starting point and the 'disturbing' sunshine. Maybe I just keep the good training to myself, as it seems that bragging doesn't end up too well. At the end there was no harm done, so happy days, maybe I'm going now out for a cup of tea to watch the sun settle.

No comments:

Post a Comment