Friday 25 May 2012

Trying and testing, trial and error.

Now that I've been doing more volume based work, I've also had time to discover various and new types of training. I've discovered some new things that seem to work pretty nicely. I could say that without some testing continuous four hour rides would be at least a little bit dull.

My testing hasn't only been in close relation to the actual training, but also to improve my recovery. As a result I think I have found a near perfectly effective way to recover from hard days on bike. Lets call it a rest day activity. It takes roughly 4hrs to complete, it includes a bit of walking (very little), some concentrating and some swings. Yes, a round of golf, but not just ordinary one. I'm talking a round of golf with a buggy and chauffeur. It bloody works, as justified by my test. The round of golf (not a spectacular one) significantly improved my performance the following day. So, I rest my case.

Generally, I think that every now and then, it is actually good to test new things to boost up the training - no matter if it is an error or not. At the same time I also might admit that the round of golf probably wasn't such a big booster. Tomorrow we will see how this road block has worked out as I'll take my first starts in bunch races this year. Tomorrow will be BUCS Criterium and on Sunday BUCS road race. My legs feel kind of alright, but as I've been training quite hard past two days, you never know. The actual aim will be to see where I am going and stay out of trouble. If I feel superior in form, I might try something if I see a chance opening.

And as a side note, I also received some good, but yet funny news. A while ago I told about the BUCS 25mile race that I got DQ'd. Tonight I received an email with the official results sheet and I was third again, I don't actually know what has happened. Anyway, my time and winner's time were marked with a small star, which meant '* Riders Anton Aro and Nick Baker were not exonerated of the breach of Regulation 21 but the disqualifications were deemed invalid due to a technicality.' Something, apparently, has been happening behind the scenes. To me this sounds like a compromise, of which I'm not at all aware of. Again, I'll end up saying: it happens.


Furthermore, this is my 100th blog update.


And at the end some photos of my perfect method for effective recovery:



No comments:

Post a Comment