Monday 27 April 2015

Taking another tumble

Down and out. I'm okay, kind of. My bike is not, definitely not. Well, second time on the line and second time down on tarmac. This time though it was more on the heavier side when it comes to crashing. Nonetheless, the good thing is that after a quick visit to hospital, I was on my way home. After a bit of bike inspection, which – by the way – was depressing, I'm lucky to be at home despite the rashes and aches. My bright yellow Vittoria helmet saved seriously lot, and now I need a new one. People, helmets are for good, and wearing them is also for good.

I've had a good, solid week of training leading up to the finale of the block, which was meant to be the race today at Turku. And as already told, it turned out to be a grande finale with less positive tone. However, I felt pretty good all day leading to the start. In the start, I felt good and the race was on. I rode well and again, felt good. Suddenly, I was down and quite being honest, didn't feel so good any longer. Racing accidents happen, although I hope I've taken mine now.

The major disappointment was the lack of first aid. I note, that I was not really in need of any special attention. The main issue to me was the first aid kit. I and other rider went to ask for first aid, they found a wallet sized kit with practically scissors and plaster. Also, when asked for a location to go, as in a hospital, the answer was along the lines ”Yah, we do have them in the city”.

Yesterday, I stood on the side, whilst there was some bike riding going on in Turku. I did not even plan to ride in the first place, so nothing drastic there. I'm planning to test myself and my ability to ride bikes properly this evening. The crash and disappointment hit me big as I've really been looking forward the races in Denmark and this, by any means, was not the preparation I had planned for. Now I'm asking questions, if my good to ride rather than how is my form. I keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.


No comments:

Post a Comment