Friday 28 August 2015

Nearing the season end.


Despite several efforts to find a good target for the autumn, there was none that I could justify rationally. I mean to say, that there would be loads of stuff I'd liked to have targeted. But then comes the second thought and the voice of wisdom (aka. my mum), and you soon come to the conclusions. Frankly and surprisingly for this season, I've actually managed to be the voice of wisdom myself just as well.

”Hey, that's interesting and should be good autumn project”
”Yeah bud, that really is good, but...”
”It is, but...”
”But... what?”
”There are certain things just to consider before pursuing it, and now that I think of it – it may not make sense in wider perspective. Ok, so I'll just concentrate on the Finnish races on the hand and then head for next season.”

Once you've gone through this time after time in your own small (or large) head, you soon realize that there couple good races left and then it just is over to the coming season (which is miles away). The thing is, though, that since I missed most of the season form wise, I've only during last couple of weeks found some form and I feel it is a shame for the season to close. Things could be different.

Anyway, once I arrived home from Poland and had a weekend of testing – not racing. It was to race again. The plan was to travel to Oulu for 2-up time trial nationals and ride at Laihia the day before. To add to the bad luck, my pair fell ill and I only rode in Laihia. A great shame, but such things happen.

Laihia was very good for me, despite I felt relatively crap before. Yet again, it wasn't about how you feel, but how you perform. The course was a great and wind added a challenge. In my view, I went well to the plan, but perhaps the plan was slightly cautious again. I won the 20km time trial with a time of 25:51, which was very satisfying. Winning is always winning. Analysing the race file also added to the satisfaction and it is very good to forwards from that.

Next weekend there is another time trial in the schedule and Tour de Helsinki, which is part of National Road Series this year. I'm looking forward to have some good races on the weekend. To end this up, I figured that I'd add five of my favourite photos from the trip to the continent in random order that have a story behind (or kind of).
Solo attempt.
Bielsko Biala. A small town, with great bike shops. Yet we managed
to get completely lost there.
Finding my form. And rarely have I ridden such great TT course.
Losing the form, outright and absolute bonk. And rarely have I ridden
such a great road course.
Confusing, eh?
Lastly, I think the machine was pretty cool.
Even cooler was the purpose of using this; local gentlemen
came to have a beer and watch the race.

Photos 3 & 4 are courtesy of Jan Bubenik (http://ciklista.rajce.idnes.cz)

5 comments:

  1. Book our secure parking lot for the security of your vehicle at London Luton airport. Parking near Luton airport

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cycling is the best hobby to keep yourself maintain and healthy.meet and greet parking luton airport

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is sad that the season ended. I hope that the next will start soon. luton car parking

    ReplyDelete
  4. No doubt it's a great course to begin the race.
    gatwick car parking

    ReplyDelete